No one has favorited this theater yet
The venue was established some time prior to 1923 by Mr. C.S. Wakeham who ran one show nightly with two changes of programme per week at prices of 6d and 9d. The proscenium was 25 feet in width and the hall could seat 500 patrons. In the early-1930’s it was taken over by Mr. E.H. James, in whose hands it was to remain for the rest of its existance, and became a part of his small chain of cinemas which included Menai Bridge (Anglesey), Llanrwst, Bettws y Coed and Llanfairfechan. A Uniquaphone sound system was installed to bring the cinema into the sound era but shows were now curtailed to just one show per night on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays only at a single price of 6d.
This price continued throughout the 1940’s and early-1950’s until closure came in the late-1950’s because of the lack of non wide-screen films. The general purpose usage and nature of the hall preventing the installation of Cinemascope.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater