382 Cheetham Hill Road,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Premier Picture Hall was opened by 1915. It was operated by Circuit Cinemas Ltd., and in 1925, they built and operated the new, much larger Premier Cinema (later ABC) across the road. The Premier Picture Hall was then re-named Greenhill Cinema (after nearby Greenhill Road).
The Greenhill Cinema was taken over by the Union Cinemas chain in the early-1930’s, and by 1937, it was operated by an independent.
The Greenhill Cinema was closed on 19th May 1962 with Gregory Peck in "The Guns of Navarone". It was converted into a bingo club, which operated for many years. Since that closed, the building has become a supermarket, named Manchester Super Store.
The building next door which has the facade flanked by a tower on each side (also operated by Manchester Super Store) was never a cinema. It was a Temperance Billiard Hall designed by architect Norman Evans around 1906.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater