St. James Theatre
176 2nd Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previously operated by: Calderone Theatres
Functions: Office Space
Ground was broken for this, the third venue in town to bear the St. James name, on April 2, 1929. The 35 x 90 stucco, fireproof structure was built at a cost of $25,000 for John Brennan by Westerbeke Builders of West Sayville. Henry Kost, operator of the Sayville Theatre, leased the property for five years to expand his theatrical interests. The St. James Theatre is located one block east of the main north-south artery, Lake Avenue, around the corner from the first original St. James Theatre, which still stands, and which dates back to the first decade of the 20th century.
At some point this St. James Theatre was taken over by the Calderone Circuit. The St. James Theatre was still open in January 1951, but closed soon after. It is currently used for office space.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.