54-56 Queen Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Picture Palace opened in late-1913, and had 500 seats. In 1928, it was was partially demolished to build the Plaza Cinema.
An independent company was set up to build the Plaza Cinema, and it opened on 3rd September 1928. The brick building had a modern facade, which contained a large arch over the entrance. Inside the auditorium, the proscenium was 32 feet wide, the stage was 10 feet deep and there were two dressing rooms. The Plaza Cinema was equipped with a Wurlitzer 2Manual/5Ranks organ, which was opened by organist Phillip Dore. The Plaza Cinema was taken over by the Union Cinemas chain in around 1930. They were taken over by the Associated British Cinemas(ABC) chain in October 1937.
The Plaza Cinema was closed by ABC on 13th October 1962, and it was converted into a bingo club. Bingo lasted until the early 2000’s. In around 2003, it was converted into a nightclub, known as the Roma Club.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater