No one has favorited this theater yet
Showing 3 comments
1) Asta reopened as a casino in 2013 with dutch singer Ben Cramer. View article and view photo.
2) Here one can view a nice set of images which represent Asta cinema in it’s glorious beginning days. View photo’s (The Hague city images archive).
3)As a former inhabitant of Den Haag, I remember there were three cinema’s in the sixties. Asta, Bijou and Calypso (ABC, easy to remember). For less than two guilders you bought a ticket to see a Walt Disney movie. View photo.
A picture of the exterior from 1938 when it was still a Ufa theatre: http://www.flickr.com/photos/hab3045/448559375/
1) A picture of the interior as it was in 1931: View link
2) A picture of the theatre in 1966, during the run of “My Fair Lady”: View link. It looks like there was another cinema in the building at that time, the Bijou, perhaps in a space that was originally used for something else?
3) Exterior of the theatre in its current use a nightclub: View link and View link
4)There is a webpage about the organ if you first go here: View link, then click on the NOF-Organs tab at the left, and then on the link indicated on the page that then comes up.