No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in the Stoke-on-Trent potteries town of Hanley, Staffordshire. Built on the site of the Grand Theatre (1898-1932, designed by architect Frank Matcham). The Odeon was one of the original cinemas in the Oscar Deutsch chain of Odeon Theatres Ltd. It was opened on 13th February 1938 with Max Miller in "Educated Evans". It had a very small entrance at the corner of Trinity Street and Foundry Street, with a slender fin tower on the left side. The bulk of the auditorium was along Foundry Street. Seating the auditorium was provided for 1,036 in the stalls and 544 in the circle. Decoration was in a typical Odeon style, with several troughs across the ceiling containing concealed lighting.
The Odeon was closed by the Rank Organisation on 15th November 1975 with Roger Daltry in "Tommy". The auditorium was stripped out in the early-1980’s and by 1982 was in use for storage, when on 4th August 1982, it was partially damaged in a fire, although the main shell of the building was not damaged. By 1991, the building was standing derelict.
By 1999, a bar was operating in the former foyer area. By 2003, the former auditorium had been brought back to use as a Chicago Rock Cafe. In 2008, the building had become a bar & nightclub named Revolution, with the former foyer in use as a bar name The Base.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater