Washington Theatre

68 N. Main Street,
Washington, PA 15301

Unfavorite No one has favorited this theater yet

Showing 4 comments

Joe Vogel
Joe Vogel on June 8, 2013 at 8:09 pm

Recent comments on the State Theatre page indicate that it was the Washington Theatre, not the State, that was renovated and renamed the Penn Theatre. The Washington reopened as the Penn in March, 1961, and closed in April, 1973. It was demolished shortly after closing.

RSM3853
RSM3853 on May 14, 2012 at 7:12 pm

It appears that the Washington Theater lasted until at least late April or early May 1959, as Walt Disney’s “The Shaggy Dog” moved over from the State to the Washington the final weekend of May 1-2, 1959.

Joe Vogel
Joe Vogel on October 8, 2011 at 11:42 am

Replaced by a parking lot, alas.

DonLewis
DonLewis on March 20, 2011 at 4:43 am

From the 1920s in Washington PA. a view of North Main st. along with the Washington and State Theatres.