Regent Village 6 Cinemas
49 Lydiard Street North,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Regent Theatre was opened by the Hoyts Theatres chain on 7th April 1928. Seating was provided for 1,953 in stalls and balcony levels. Originally designed in a Classical style by noted theatre architect Cedric Heise Ballantyne.
In 1943 it was damaged in a fire and the auditorium was reconstructed in the same style as the original by architects Cowper, Murphy and Appleford. The chandelier currently in the main foyer was originally installed in the Hoyts De Luxe/Esquire Theatre in Melbourne. Hoyts closed the Regent Theatre in 1964, and it remained closed until 11th November 1976 when after a two years renovation, it was reopened by its current owners.
In 1986, the Regent Theatre was tripled, which extended the floor in the front balcony forward, to create a 660-seat cinema in the former balcony area., with two smaller screens in the former stalls area. In the early-2000’s an additional 3-screens were installed in a new building erected on adjacent land (the former cinema car-park).
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater