282 Lakeshore Road East,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Gregory Theatre was located at the south east corner of Lakeshore Road & Trafalgar Road in Oakville Ontario. The theatre opened in the 1920’s and closed in 1962. The Gregory Theatre was used for both live performances and cinematic presentations. The theatre was owned by the Gregory family who resided directly behind the theatre in a house on Trafalgar Road.
The theatre was demolished in 1964 and a branch of the Canada Trust Company was built on the site. The family home on Trafalgar Road survived until the 1990’s when it was demolished to expand the Canada Trust parking lot. In the year 2000 the “Toronto Dominion Bank” and “Canada Trust” merged to form “TD-Canada Trust” a “TD-Canada Trust” branch is still located on this site.
A couple of notes regarding street names and numbering in Oakville.
In 1962 Oakville expanded it’s boundaries merging with the “Village of Bronte” and “Trafalgar Township” to form a new “Town of Oakville”. This necessitated renaming several streets in order to avoid duplication. Prior to this date Trafalgar Road was know as Dundas Street South and Lakeshore Road was known as Colborne Street East. The Gregory Theatres address would have been on Colborne Street East.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater