The Old City Section of Jiangmen,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Chung Hing Theatre, which opened to business in 1931, was a two storey brick and wood structure. Its 1,200-seat auditorium with balcony was on the ground floor and first floor of the theatre building, while the second floor was for the theatre office. Chung Hing is the Cantonese pronunciation of its Chinese name, its original English name if any is unavailable. By July 1937,the theatre had been renamed as the Yu Lok Theatre. Yu Lok is the Cantonese pronunciation of its re-named Chinese name, its exact English name if any is unavailable.
After the establishment of the People’s Republic of China in October 1949, the theatre was re-named as the People’s Theatre at an unknown date. The English name “People’s Theatre” is literally translated from its Chinese name, its exact English name if any is unavailable. In 1985, the theatre closed to business, and the theatre building was internally rebuilt as a shopping centre.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater