Castle Street, Coseley,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in the Coseley district of Wolverhampton. The opening programme on 8th July 1939 was Ralph Richardson in “South Riding” plus Will Hay in “Oh Mr. Porter” including Universal News. A special for the evening: each patron got a free ice cream. The proprietors were Clifton Cinema (Coseley) Ltd, who’s principle directors were Sydney Clift, Satchwell & Roberts, Herbert Bull, J.B. Share & C.W. Gray. It was managed as part of the Clifton Circuit Management. Designed by architectural firm Satchwell & Roberts, with Roland Satchwell as supervising architect. The proscenium was 35 feet wide.
The Clifton Cinema occasionally staged one night live shows, one being a show staring singer Jimmy Young. The Clifton Cinema later become mostly owned by the Clift Family
Closed on 10th August 1963 with “Nurse on Wheels” staring Juliet Mills. The building was sold & demolished and now shops stand on the site.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater