18 N. Main Street,
1 person favorited this theater
In December 1921 W.H. Robson acquired the Family Theatre and the Temple Theatre in Albion. In March 1924, Robson purchased the American Legion Building on Main Street, and had it demolished. Work began in January 1925 to construct the Rialto Theatre on the site. The building would have two stores to occupy the front of the building and the American Legion were to have two of the rooms on the second floor.
The Rialto Theatre was opened on December 2, 1925 with acts of vaudeville, Pathe News, “Aesop’s Fables” (cartoon) and the feature “Seven Keys to Baldplate”. Dragon’s Orchestra furnished part of the music, with Dragon himself playing the organ.
On April 28, 1933, Charles V. Martina, owner of the Clyde Playhouse in Clyde, NY took out a lease on the Rialto Theatre. Martina purchased the Rialto Theatre on August 19, 1933.
The Rialto Theatre then became part of the Martina Circuit, and they still operated the theatre in 1957.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater