Royalty Kinema

62-66 Baffin Street,
Dundee, DD4

Unfavorite No one has favorited this theater yet

Showing 1 comment

DONALDKIRKBRYDE
DONALDKIRKBRYDE on December 13, 2012 at 3:44 am

the architects who designed the royalty also designed the plaza cinema on hilltown which jbm owned from 1958 strangely enough the plaza opened the year jbm bought his first cinema the new palladium in alexander street and within a few years had bought up a further two all within walking distance of each other these were the vic in 1935 and the broadway in 1939 the palladium changed its name to the rex in 1951 being renamed after his dog called rex dundee corporation compulsorly purchased the cinema and paid jbm £7,600 for it jbm originally paid just £360 for it in 1928