457 West Broadway,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Idaho Falls Post-Register noted that Joe George opened the Dime Theatre, Idaho Falls first amusement house, in 1909. In 1915 Al Hager bought the show house and changed the name to the Orpheum Theatre. Hager got his start as a projectionist in Seattle and later managed theaters in Astoria and Baker Oregon. Mr. Hager also owned the local Rex Theatre (now the Centre Theatre). The Orpheum Theatre was probably closed by the time the large Colonial Theatre opened in 1919.
Upon the passing of the 70-year-old Hager in March of 1952 the Post-Register called Hager the dean of Idaho Falls theater operators, who was responsible for bringing talking pictures to the city at the Rex Theatre. A story and photo of Al Hager appears in the Vault section of Boxoffice magazine on January 31, 1948.
In November 1971, the former Orpheum Theatre and a row of other building, was demolished for urban renewal. The approximate site today is the park next to the public library.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater