Bordeaux Cinema 3
1740 Owen Drive,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Bordeaux Cinemas opened to the public on March 30, 1974 as Fayetteville’s first-ever indoor twin cinema and the first for Cumberland County. Owned and operated by Cape Fear Theatres and later on by Consolidated Theatres and Carmike Cinemas. At the time of it’s opening in 1974, the Bordeaux’s seating capacity was at 600 seats each bringing the total to 1,200. It was the first to feature a deluxe ultra-sound system with full stereophonic sound along with push back lounge chairs for easy relaxation and viewing. A large luxurious lobby to eliminate long lines along with a dual concession stand.
The opening attractions for the Bordeaux Cinema 1 & 2 were Screen 1:“Superdad” and on Screen 2:“Cinderella Liberty”. By the 1980’s the original auditorium remained intact when it added a Dolby Stereo sound system for it’s Fayetteville showing of “The Empire Strikes Back” on May 21, 1980. It was one of five theatres in the state that showed it for it’s exclusive 70mm-6 Track Dolby Stereo engagement. By the mid-1980’s the second auditorium was split down the middle making it a triple screen complex.
Acquired by Carmike Cinemas in 1986, the Bordeaux Cinema 3 continued to be a showplace for great entertainment until it’s closing in 1996.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater