4-Lane Drive-In

NW Broad Street and Van Cleave Lane,
Murfreesboro, TN 37129

Unfavorite No one has favorited this theater yet

Showing 3 comments

NYozoner
NYozoner on November 23, 2014 at 2:09 am

Correction: The 4-Lane Drive-In and MarBro Drive-In both occupied the same site. The 4-Lane Drive-In was demolished around 1963 or 1964, and completely rebuilt to reopen as the MarBro Drive-In on June 6, 1966.

NYozoner
NYozoner on November 23, 2014 at 1:43 am

The address referred to by JWMovies is incorrect. That was the correct location for the Starlite Drive-In, also in Murfreesboro.

The 4-Lane Drive-In operated from 1954-1963, and was located on Old Nashville Highway at Van Cleave Lane. It was demolished after the 1963 season due to the construction of the new Nashville Highway, which split the 4-Lane in half.

The 4-Lane was replaced by the MarBro Drive-In, located ½ further north on Van Cleave Lane at Battlefield Parkway, which opened June 06, 1966. Marbro is a shortened version of Martin Brothers, since the drive-in was owned by the Martin Theatre Circuit.

The Starlite Drive-In closed around 1967, soon after the opening of the newer MarBro Drive-In.

jwmovies
jwmovies on October 16, 2014 at 1:49 pm

Approximate address for this drive-in was 2553 S Church St. Now an empty lot next to the Stones River. Please update.