No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in Ormskirk, Lancashire. The Regal Cinema was opened on 26th January 1936 with a stage production of Gilbert & Sullivan’s “Yeoman of the Guard”, presented by the Ormskirk Operatic & Dramatic Society. The first films were screened on 10th February 1936.
Designed by Liverpool based architect Lionel A.G. Pritchard, the Regal Cinema had seating provided in stalls & circle levels. It had a 34 feet wide proscenium, with a decent sized stage and an orchestra pit. Lighting in the auditorium was contained in troughs in the ceiling. It was equipped with a Western Electric sound system.
The Regal Cinema was operating as a part-time cinema in the early-1960’s, with bingo on certain nights of the week. By the mid-1960’s, it had closed as a cinema and converted to a full-time bingo club. This continued into the early-1980’s, when the bingo club closed.
The building was converted into a Tesco supermarket which closed on 4th April 2015.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater