Carlton Super Cinema
Ashton New Road,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in the east Manchester district of Clayton on the south side of Ashton New Road, next to Mayne’s Bus & Coach Garage. The Carlton Super Cinema was built for the Reed, Snape & Ward circuit and opened on 7th July 1930. The cinema had a corner entrance, which was topped by an open dome supported on pillars. Inside the auditorium seating was provided in stalls and circle levels. It had a 35 feet wide proscenium, a 14 feet deep stage and six dressing rooms. There was also a cafe attached.
The Carlton Super Cinema was closed for a month in February 1964 when renovations were carried out. Unfortunately, these improvements were in vain, and the Carlton Super Cinema was closed as a cinema in 1965. It became the Carlton bingo club, which operated into the 1990’s. The building then lay shuttered and derelict, and was demolished in 2006.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater