Ashfield Road and Tatton Road,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in Sale, Cheshire, now part of Greater Manchester, at the corner of Ashfield Road and Tatton Road. Originally on this site was the 700-seat Savoy Cinema-de-Luxe which opened in 1913, and closed to be demolished in 1928.
The New Savoy Cinema was opened on 1st August 1929 with Norma Shearer in “Trelawney of the Wells” and Charlie Chaplin in “The Circus”. Seating was provided in stalls and circle levels. The auditorium decorated in a Wedgewood style. There was a small cafe for the convenience of patrons.
It was taken over by the Union Cinemas chain in July 1936, and they were taken over by the Associated British Cinemas(ABC) chain in October 1937.
It was re-named ABC in 1963. In July 1973, the stalls area was refurbished and it re-opened as a luxury 580-seat cinema. However this closed on 2nd March 1974.
It was re-named Savoy Cinema from 1st November 1975, when an independent operator took over, and operated using the circle seating area only. The Savoy Cinema was closed on 26th February 1977. The building then lay unused until it was demolished in 1985. A block of flats has been built on the site.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater