Carmike Plaza 4

1300 East Broad Avenue,
Rockingham, NC 28379

Unfavorite No one has favorited this theater yet

Showing 9 comments

shoelessjoe63
shoelessjoe63 on May 21, 2015 at 5:38 pm

The first 2 movies to play were The Deep and Smokey and the Bandit

raysson
raysson on October 4, 2013 at 9:58 am

Small as this theatre was I’m surprised they knew how to handle the capacity crowds for bigger features. THE COLOR PURPLE played here as well as HOME ALONE.

raysson
raysson on April 9, 2013 at 1:02 pm

This was one of the theatres that CARMIKE abandoned and left to rot when it closed in 2002 and was demolished the following year.

raysson
raysson on August 30, 2012 at 12:52 pm

The Tri-City Shopping Center opened in 1969 with Mason’s Department Store as its main anchor along with two grocery stores……A&P and Harris Teeter….a Eckerd Drugs and specialty shops.

raysson
raysson on August 29, 2012 at 10:42 am

The information on this theatre was changed as of August 28,2012.

raysson
raysson on August 29, 2012 at 10:40 am

This was one of the theatres Carmike Cinemas acquired in 1982 from Martin Theatres.

raysson
raysson on August 29, 2012 at 10:39 am

George Lucas' STAR WARS played here at the Plaza Twin on July 8,1977 on Screen Two to capacity crowds.

raysson
raysson on August 29, 2012 at 10:37 am

Chuck 1231: The Tri-City Shopping Center opened in the late-1960’s as the town’s second largest shopping center after the opening of the Richmond Plaza which opened in 1966 as Rockingham’s first-ever shopping center. The Tri-City Shopping Center OR Tri-City Plaza was anchored by two grocery stores on opposite ends…..One was an A&P Food Store(which is now Sav-N-Center),and on the other end was a Harris Teeter(formerly Big M Stores),and a huge Mason’s Department Store(which was at one time a K-Mart and before that was a Grant City Department Store)along with a Eckerd Drugs and other speciality shops. The Mason’s Store closed in the mid-1970’s and a K-Mart was added in that same spot which also closed around 2002 or 2004(A Lowes Home Improvement Warehouse Center now sits in that section where the former Mason’s,the former K-Mart,Eckerd Drugs and Harris Teeter once were)that was Highway 74 East. The theatre was on the opposite side of the Tri-City Shopping Center facing East Broad Avenue and Biltmore Drive across from the Richmond Plaza.

raysson
raysson on August 29, 2012 at 10:28 am

Chuck 1231: This theatre was located in the Tri-City Shopping Center on East Broad Avenue in Rockingham,NC. It was on the opposite side of the shopping center right next door to a Radio Shack. It opened in 1977 as a twin cinema under Martin Theatres. The Plaza Twin was Rockingham’s first-ever twin theatre. Carmike closed this theatre in 2002 when it was a multiplex.

IN FACT: The Tri-City Shopping Center was across the street from the Richmond Plaza Shopping Center on East Broad Avenue right on that stretch of Highway 74 Business in Rockingham.