Alan Theatre

Main Street,
Gerlach-Empire, NV 89412

Unfavorite No one has favorited this theater yet

Showing 2 comments

LouRugani
LouRugani on September 21, 2012 at 1:24 am

“March 18, 1952: Mr. and Mrs. Daniel C. Davis, operators of the Alan theater, have begun remodeling the building and plan to show an additional movie each week.” (The theatre was owned by Charles Carter, the justice of the peace.)

CSWalczak
CSWalczak on September 20, 2012 at 5:37 pm

Gerlach-Empire was basically a company town that basically existed to serve the needs of the workers that once worked at a large gypsum mine and nearby processing plant that produced sheetrock for many years. With the closing of these facilities in 2011, the town has substantially declined, even losing its original zip code. The theater was probably like many other company town theaters, utilitarian, but an important recreational venue in a somewhat isolated area, about one hundred miles NE of Reno.