48 High Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in Cheadle, Cheshire, which is just seven miles south-west of Manchester and close to Stockport, so today it is considered part of Greater Manchester. The Electra Picture House opened on 26th August 1912. It was operated by John Burns. A new facade was built in 1915 and in February 1928 it was remodeled.
On 30th October 1929 it was equipped with a Western Electric(WE) sound system and Al Jolson in “The Singing Fool was screened.
In April 1936, the Electra Cinema was taken over by the Associated British Cinemas(ABC) chain. ABC operated the Electra Cinema until 5th April 1954, when it was taken over by the G.B. Snape Circuit. They introduced part time bingo on several nights a week in the early-1960’s, but the Electra Cinema was closed on 9th November 1963. It was demolished in August 1965 and a supermarket was built on the site.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater