19 Station Road,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in Chapletown, South Yorkshire, to the north of Sheffield. The Chapletown Picture Palace was opened on 23rd December 1912. Originally the seating capacity was for 700 all on a single floor, but this was reduced to 440 in 1938. It had a large stage, which was used annually each autumn from 1925 to 1930 by the Castletown Amateur Operatic Society.
In March 1944, the Picture Palace was taken over by the Star Cinemas chain based in Leeds. It was equipped to screen CinemaScope films in April 1955. From February 1962 bingo was played on Fridays, but after August 1962 films returned on that day.
The Picture Palace was closed as a cinema on 16th March 1963, and was converted into a full time Star Bingo Club. This operated for many years. In recent years the building has been in use as the Cue Ball Snooker Club.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater