1 Market Place,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in the centre of Kettering, Northamptonshire. The Corn Exchange was built in 1854 to the plans of architect F.E. Law. It had a large room upstairs on the first floor, which was used for lectures, balls, meetings, concerts and exhibitions. It screened its first film show on 9th February 1903.
It was taken over by Leon Vint and opened as Vint’s Electric Palace on 16th October 1909. The films were supported by a variety programme on the stage.
It was taken over by a new operator and was renamed Palace Theatre from 14th June 1912. Films were still screened, but it was closed in June 1914. Alterations were carried out and it re-opened in August 1914.
New operators took over and it was re-named Hippodrome Cinema from 5th November 1917. It was not a great success and the Hippodrome Cinema was closed in January 1923.
The building was converted into an auction room, billard hall and cafe. Today, a Nautalus fitness Centre and a Ladbrokes betting office operate in the building.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater