No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in Spennymoor, County Durham, five miles south of Durham city. Originally opened as Gowland’s Arcadia Grand Electric Hall in August 1910, it had 1,000 seats. Part of the building also served as an indoor market. It was destroyed by a fire in 1929.
It was rebuilt as the Arcadia Cinema, and by 1931, it had been equipped with a Western Electric(WE) sound system. It had a stage, and there was a cafe for the convenience of its patrons. It was soon operated by Maurice Maude of Cumbria, as part of his M.B.C. Cinemas Ltd. company based at the Hippodrome Theatre, Workington.
The Arcadia Cinema was closed by M.B.C. Cinemas around 1970, and was converted into a bingo club, eventually becoming a Top Ten Bingo Club.
This later closed and the building was purchased by the J.D. Wetherspoon chain chain of pubs, opening on 28th March 2013 as the Grand Electric Hall.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater