No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in the east Birmingham district of Bordesley Green at the corner of Bordesley Green and Crown Road. The Elite Picture Palace was opened on 9th August 1913. It programmed pictures and variety. There was a billiard hall attached to the building.
It was independently operated when opened, but in 1928 taken over by Savoy Cinemas, a subsidiary of the Associated British Cinemas(ABC) chain. ABC later took full control, but in May 1933, they leased it out to the Regent Cinemas chain (another subsidiary of ABC) and it was re-named Regent Theatre. Regent Cinemas operated it until 1935, when the main ABC took control again.
The Elite Theatre was closed in 1942, when it suffered severe damage during a German bombing raid. The last film screened was Edward G. Robinson in “Passport to Shame”. The remains of the building were later demolished, apart from the lower portion of the outer walls, which remain today, and within these walls a car spare parts and scrap yard operates. The adjacent billiard hall is still in use as a snooker club.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater