152 High Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in Sevenoaks, Kent. This replaced a previous Cinema Electric Theatre on the same site. Opened on the 4th November 1935 as the Cinema, it was the first cinema to be designed by architect David Evelyn Nye and included a café/restaurant. It was equipped with a 2Manual/5Ranks Compton organ which had an illuminated console on a lift. It was briefly taken on by Lou Morris in April 1937 and re-named Plaza Cinema, but was taken over by Cohen & Rafer in June 1937.
From July 1947 it was taken over by the Granada Theatres chain and was re-named Granada 28th November 1948. The Granada closed on 22nd October 1960 with Sylvia Sims in “No Trees in the Street”. The Compton organ was removed to a private residence. The Granada was demolished and the site became a car park until the early-1980’s. A new road named Suffolk Way was built over the site.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater