Eros Cinema Club
5-8 High Street East,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Originally built as the Sans Street Mission in the late-1800’s. It was taken over by the Leeds based Star Cinemas chain and converted into Studios 1 & 2. It opened on 13th January 1969 with David Niven in “The Impossible Years” in the 550-seat Studio 1, and “A Man and a Woman” in the 228-seat Studio 2.
In 1976, Studio 2 was re-named Studio X and began screening adult films. In 1977 the cinema was taken over by Fairworld Ltd., and was re-named Fairworld Film Centre 1 & 2. The Fairworld Film Centre 1 & 2 was closed on 31st May 1981 with “Pinocchio” and “Cat From Outer Space” in Screen 1 and “Fist of Fury” and “Enter the Dragon” in Screen 2.
It re-opened as the Eros Cinema Club showing uncensored adult films, which operated for several years. The building has since been demolished and a Salvation Army hostel named Swan Lodge now operates on the site.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater