37 Bolton Road,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in Darwen, Lancashire. The Olympia Theatre was opened as a live theatre in 1911. The proscenium was 30 feet wide and the stage 45 feet deep, with ten dressing rooms. In 1913/1914 it became the Olympia Picture House'
From 23rd February 1931 it was taken over by Associated British Cinemas(ABC) and a Western Electric(WE) sound system was installed. It was leased to their Regent Cinemas subsidiary from May 1933 to 1935. ABC took back control from 1936 to 1938, when it was taken over by a Mortimer Dent of Birmingham. Odeon Theatres Ltd. book the films during that year, but they did not operated the cinema. In 1939, Cheshire County Cinemas took over, and it was refurbished in 1946/1947 and reo-opened as the New Olympia Cinema. CinemaScope was installed in 1955, and on 15th July 1961 the Leeds based Star Cinemas chain took over.
They closed soon the Olympia Cinema and it was converted into a Star Bingo Club. This has since closed and the building has been demolished the make way for a new road.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater