No one has favorited this theater yet
The Palace Theatre, Morecambe, Lancashire was principally a sea-side live theatre which opened in 1910. It was also used as an exhibition hall and showed films. It went over to cinema use on Sundays and during the winter/out-of-season months. In around 1929 it was equipped with a Western Electric(WE) sound system.
Its first listing in the Kinematograph Year Book is in 1937; and is merely the name (Palace) and the sound system (Western Electric). KYB entries for 1942 continued into 1947, although it had gone over the live theatre use in 1946. The KYB for 1950 caries the 1937 information plus “John W. Carleton” as the proprietor and the seating as 1,028. In KYB 1954 it is the executors of John W. Carleton who are running the theatre. It was demolished in 1989 and flats were built on the site.
An apartment building, Marine Court, now stands on the site.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater