Prince of Wales Theatre
369 Stoney Stanton Road,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located on Stoney Stanton Road near Red Lane. The Prince of Wales Picture Palace was opened on 2nd August 1913 with “The House of Mystery” and “Uncle Tom’s Cabin”. It was designed by architect J.H. Gilbert and had 442 seats, all on a single floor.
It was equipped with a British Thomson Houston(BTH) sound system in 1931 and re-named Prince of Wales Theatre. The first ‘talkie’ to be shown here was “Flight”. The cinema suffered some damage during World War II, but it was repaired.
It was never fitted with CinemaScope and closed in May 1956. An extension was built on the side of the building and it opened as St. Finbarr’s Social Club in September 1956, which closed around 2001.
The building stood unused for many years, and suffered vandalism and arson attacks, and was demolished in 2007. Housing has been built on the site.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater