6 King Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previously operated by: Evington Cinema Circuit
Firms: Wakerly & Jones
Previous Names: Picture House
Located in Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire. The Picture House was opened in 1920. By 1926 it was operated by George Scarborough. In 1930 a British Thomson Houston(BTH) sound system was installed. In 1933 George Scarborough built the Regal Cinema adjacent to the Picture House.
The Picture House was re-named Plaza Cinema in 1939. It offered live shows as well as films. The Plaza Cinema and the Regal Cinema were both later operated by the Evington Cinema Circuit.
The Plaza Cinema was closed in 1962 and was converted into a bingo club. The bingo club was closed in 1974, and the bingo club moved next door to the Regal Cinema building. The Plaza Cinema stood unused until it was demolished in 1982 and the site is now occupied by a road named St. Mary’s Way.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.