237-239 E. Center Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
After fire destroyed the Old Opera House in 1892, plans were made and executed to build a new Pocatello Opera House on the same site. Built at a cost of more than $20,000, construction was supervised by Col. G.A. Hannaford. There was another fire in 1899, and the building was rebuilt in 1900.
Known throughout most of it’s life as the Auditorium Theatre, the facility had seating for 850 – 325 on the main floor, 250 in the first balcony and 275 in second balcony. Located at 237-239 E. Center, the theater operated under several names – the last city directory entry shows the Paramount at this address.
Fire again damaged the building in 1939, at which time the third story was removed while the two lower stories were repaired and renovated, after which it never again served as an entertainment venue. Today the site is occupied by a furniture store.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater