302 Victoria Street N.,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in Grimsby, northeastern Lincolnshire. The Globe Picture Theatre was opened on 11th October 1920 with Douglas McLean in “23 and a Half Hours Leave”. It had a Neo-Classical style façade, which was topped by an open cupola dome. Seating was provided for 680 in the stalls and 70 in the small circle. The proscenium was 30 feet wide, and it was equipped with a Brindley Foster ‘straight’ organ. It screened its last silent film on 2nd May 1930, and a Western Electric(WE) sound system was installed and the first talkie shown was “Gold Diggers of Broadway”.
The organ was removed from the building in 1950. Globe Cinema was taken over by the Leeds based Star Cinemas chain in 1952, and after new seats were installed and a redecoration, it re-opened on 17th November 1952. The Globe Cinema was closed on 2nd April 1960 with Fred MacMurray in “Fair Wind to Java”.
The building was subsequently demolished.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater