Grand Jr. Theatre
214 N. Main Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
According to the Fort Stockton Pioneer, G.A. Cole originally opened the Cole Theatre on March 29, 1939. In April of 1940 OK Theatres bought the theater and all of the equipment was removed.
When the Grand Theatre burned in July 1940 OK Theatres quickly rushed seats and equipment from Pecos to equip the former Cole Theatre. The Grand Jr. Theatre was supposed to be a temporary location until the Grand Theatre could be rebuilt.
In September 1940 Westex Theatres purchased OK Theatres and the Grand Jr. Theatre continued to operate during World War II and beyond. The Grand was only open on Sundays until at least 1958 with Mexican- made films and such stars as María Félix and Pedro Armendáriz.
Film Daily Year Book of 1950 lists the Grand Jr. Theatre with 312 seats.
In 1960 the building was sold by Frontier Theatres and converted into an auto parts store.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater