Cameo Theatre

3040 16th Street,
San Francisco, CA 94103

Unfavorite 1 person favorited this theater

Showing 2 comments

OCRon on October 12, 2016 at 11:08 pm

This 1913 Sanborn Map shows the theater located in the Altamont Hotel, which has been restored and is used as affordable apartments. The theater was located next to the alley.

Comfortably Cool
Comfortably Cool on October 12, 2016 at 8:53 am

The cinema was originally called the Opal and opened in 1913, according to Jack Tillmany’s “Theatres of San Francisco,” which gives an address of 3040 Sixteenth Street. No date is given for the name change to Cameo, which closed forever in 1952.