96 Victoria Road,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in New Brighton, near Wallasey on the Wirral, Merseyside. The Court Picture House was the first purpose-built cinema in this holiday resort, and it opened on 16th December 1912 with 450 seats.
The Court Picture House was equipped with a British Acoustic(BA) sound system and screened its first ‘talkies’ on 13th August 1931: Bob Steele in “Near the Rainbow’s End” and Rex Lease in “Borrowed Wives”. In December 1943 it was re-named New Theatre, specializing in newsreels, cartoons and short subjects. But this was not a success, and it reverted back to feature films two weeks later, re-named Court Cinema.
It was refurbished in 1947, and CinemasScope was installed in 1955, which reduced the seating capacity to 384. The Court Cinema was closed in October 1958.
It re-opened in July 1959 and finally closed in March 1969 with William Holden in “The Devil’s Brigade”. It stood empty & derelict until it was demolished in July 1988. In 2016 a solicitors office now operates at this address.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater