No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in Stapleford, Nottinghamshire. The Picturedrome was opened in 1911. It was soon re-named Cosy Cinema, but was destroyed by fire in 1913. It was a ‘tin hut; type of building, and it was rebuilt in the same style. In 1921 it partially demolished and was taken over by Midland Empire Theatres and after a rebuild it had 820 seats when it re-opened in May 1921.
In 1937 it was rebuilt in an Art Deco style and re-opened as the New Victory Cinema. It now had 902 seats in stalls and circle levels. It was equipped with a British Talking Pictures(BTP) sound system.
The Victory Cinema was equipped with CinemaScope in 1955 and by then it was operated by the Nottingham based Eskay circuit. They sold it to the Leeds based Star Cinemas circuits and in the 1960’s it was closed and became a Star Bingo Club. It was later a Walkers Bingo Club. It was demolished in the early-2000’s.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater