410 Broad Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
An early silent movie house, the Amusea Theatre opened in 1907 in a converted retail front that house a variety of different business including a fruit market. Within a year, the Amusea Theatre was showing hand tinted color films. At the end of 1910, the theatre was closed due to lack of patronage.
From 1912 to 1913, it was used again as the Moving Picture Show Theatre closing briefly for refurbishing and rebranding under new ownership. On August 23, 1913, the Star Theatre opened with Sarah Bernhardt in “Queen Elizabeth” as the first film. The Star Theatre was listed at 59 Broad Street in the 1914-1915 edition of American Motion Picture Directory. The theatre closed in 1917 to become the New Star Theatre albeit briefly. The theatre space is altered and becomes home to a hardware store.
(Also, the maps are a bit confusing as the numbering changed in the 1930’s, so it could be that the theatre is actually across the street at the existing 405 Broad Street instead of the demolished 410 Broad Street.)
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater