Goodin's Hall and Open Air Theatre
19 Antares Street,
1 person favorited this theater
Goodin’s Hall opened in (1921?) by Arthur Herbert Goodin next to the Club Hotel(21 Antares Street), (set back from the street behind the shop building already on the front of lot 19(type of shop/s unknown?). The shop building later became the theatre shop(closed same time as the Hall in in 1965?) and closed in(late 1920’s or early-1930’s?) and transformed into a miniature golf course.
Movie screenings started again Goodin’s Hall in 1933 and it seated 400. The 400-seat Open Air Theatre opened in 1936. The Hall and Open Air Gardens closed on 18th December 1965 (a few days before the Starview Drive-in opened) with “One, Two, Three”, and “Killers Kiss”. The Hall(and Open Air Gardens?) were rented(in 1966) and brought in(1967) by the Police and Citizens Youth Club, and later sold(date unknown?) to the Club Hotel who demolished the Hall an Open Air Gardens, and built a function Centre on the site of the Goodin’s Hall, a beer garden on the site of the Open Air Gardens.
The shop building(old theatre shop) is still there(now the Anglican Op Shop). The Club Hotel Function Centre is between the Club Hotel and the Anglican Op Shop.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater