1 person favorited this theater
The Riverside Drive-In opened on March 31, 1949, screening the 1948 comedy/romance “Romance on the High Seas” with Jack Carson, Doris Day and Janis Paige. The new airer was opened by Harris C. Walker, Henry M. Walker and John R. Poe, dba Aberdeen Riverside Theatre, Inc. It had a car capacity of 400 cars with RCA projection and sound equipment with in-a-car speakers. After operating the drive-in for many years, Henry M. Walker filed for dissolution of Aberdeen Riverside Theatre, Inc., in November of 1963. Bob Ramey and Phil Borak, dba B & R Theaters from Cincinnati, Ohio, took over the operation of the drive-in. Eventually Bob Ramey and Phil Borak sold the B & R theatre chain in the mid 1970’s.
Ohio Movies/Cinemette Corporation of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania would be the new operators of the drive-in. The Riverside Drive-In closed at the end of season in 1983 due to declining business. Also, included in the closings was the Park Drive-In in Maysville, Kentucky. The drive-in was demolished and now is an empty field with a convenience store on the road frontage.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater