114 S. Main Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
C.K. Latto opened the Latto Theatre – an early silent theatre in McPherson – at 114 South Main Street on February 13, 1909 showing motion pictures. With the Baird Candy Kitchen (later Lloyd’s Candy Kitchen and Soda Fountain) next door, the early movie house looked to be positioned for success but would struggle in McPherson’s downtown. Within months, Tom Roy bought the theatre from Latto changing the name to the Electric Hall Theatre while in development in December of 1909 before launching as the Isis Theatre on December 20, 1909.
Howard Collins, operator of the McPherson Airdome, bought the Isis Theatre which became the Cozy Theatre on April 30, 1912. Carl W. Oelrich purchased the Cozy Theatre in September of 1912. In 1916, new partner Jeff Tourney and Oelrich changed the look of the Cozy Theatre to a Japanese theatre and renaming it the Mikado Theatre opening November 7, 1916. Tourney and Oelrich took on the Grace Theatre transforming it to the modern Tourney Theatre opening June 4, 1917. Their Isis Theatre was closed immediately thereafter and transformed to a garage.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater