White Way Airdrome
215 South Main Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
McPherson was home to two Airdomes. The original Airdome was in the 100 block of North Main Street and operated for two summer seasons in 1908 and 1909. The Hultqvist Brothers, George and Fred, built the first of the airdomes equipping it with a Motiograph projector. The second location was also by the Hultqvist Brothers and was just two doors down from the McPherson Opera House.
Howard C. Collins - operator of the Isis / Cozy Theatre - took over the Airdome changing its name to the White Way Airdome beginning in 1912. On rainy summer days, films were moved to the Isis/Cozy and to the White Way on other days. The name reverted to the Airdome in the 1915 season.
Films were discontinued after the summer of 1916 season and live events continued for one more season with the Airdome being dismantled in 1918.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater