No one has favorited this theater yet
Located on Well Road in Portlaoise, County Laois. The previous cinema on the site was opened as the Marlborough Electric by Paul Delany in 1914 and music for the silent films was usually played by the Bannans Orchestra. In 1928 a tender was put out for a new cinema and the new one re-opened on the site of the old in 1932. Delany died in 1953 after which it was run by his sons Paul Jr and John, and daughter Sheila. In 1968 it was bought by a group of local businessmen, and although refurbished closed down the following year. It was evidently still called the Electric Theatre and although it originally had 400 seats, this appears to have been reduced to 255 later on.
The building was later occupied by a printers but was more recently in use as a Chinese restaurant called the Rose Palace. The street appears to be known as New Road these days.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater