67 High Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in Biggleswade, Bedfordshire. The George’s Hall was built in 1912 and was designed by local architect Charles Owen Jones. It was named after Liberal Party statesman David Lloyd George. There are two shop units and a Liberal Club on the ground floor, with the hall upstairs on the first floor. It opened as the George’s Picture Palace on 23rd November 1912. By February 1916 it was screening films together with live variety acts on the stage. In February 1920 Houdini appeared on the stage, and films were continued to be screened until later in 1920. In 1923 it was re-named Playhouse and in 1925 it was re-named New Casino Theatre presenting live theatre use. In 1936 the pantomime “Little Red Riding Hood” was staged.
Eventually live shows ended and it became used for dances and special events. In the 1990’s it was a clothing workshop, which closed in 2000. By 2017 it is in use as a bar & grill.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater