101 E. Main Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Even though the Bijou Theatre had a short run, it is worth mentioning because the 1910 Schmadeka Building, which housed it, can still be seen in downtown Grangeville.
The Bijou Theatre was opened by Max Aronson October 13, 1913, and was described in the Idaho County Free Press as using the popular Universal film service. There was previously a Bijou Theatre advertised from 1906-08, which may have been the nameless theater on the Sanborn Maps of 1910 at 222 W. Main Street.
On February 25, 1915 it was reported Mr. Aronson sold the equipment of the Bijou Theatre, which had “a very strenuous existence,” to T.E. Edmundson of the Lyric Theatre. The opera chairs were installed in the Lyric Theatre and the electrical apparatus was shipped to Spokane.
In October of 1915 it was announced that a skating rink would open in the old Bijou Theatre.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater