1540 2nd Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The town’s second Lyric Theatre launched in November of 1948 by William Peters. The $85,000 venue had Spanish style architecture and launched on a 20-year lease. It was built within an existing building built in 1924 for a bakery that had burned down.
The Lyric Theatre first closed after July 6, 1968 showings at the end of its lease. New operators were set to open on October 15, 1968 as an art cinema that drew local outrage. The new owners were unable to open tagged with an adult theatre label. The Lyric Thetare reopened as a second-run, discount double-feature house in January of 1971. It closed March 20, 1971 with “Kelly’s Heroes” and “Where Eagles Dare.”
In January of 1991, the theatre was targeted for demolition. It was firebombed by the local fire department for practice. Later that month, it was razed as the new home of the public library.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater