2 people favorited this theater
The Twilite Drive-In was opened in July 1949. The June 10, 1950 issue of BoxOffice reported, “Arden Davidson’s Twilight Drive-In at Lennox is ready to go in. Wind blew down the screen on this smallest open air theatre in the territory (150 cars) and a new and larger one was installed”.
A Lennox Drive-In appeared in the 1949-50 Theatre Catalog, It had a capacity of 250 and was owned by Arden G. Davidson. The 1952 Catalog had only the Twi-Lite Drive-In in Lennox, still owned by Davidson but with a 150 capacity.
The Twi-lite Drive-In debuted in the 1950 Film Daily Year Book next to a generic Lennox Drive-In, probably a duplicate. By the 1960 FDYB, it was the Twilite Drive-In, and it stayed on that list until at least 1964.
The Twilite Drive-In was in the first Motion Picture Almanac drive-in list, the 1950-51 edition. It was owned by A. Davidson and held 150 cars. In the 1955 MPA, the capacity dropped to 130, and the Twilite Drive-In fell off the list in 1966. By 1958 it had been demolished.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater