Cameo Theatre

740 N. Milwaukee Avenue,
Chicago, IL 60622

Unfavorite No one has favorited this theater yet

Showing 2 comments

Khnemu
Khnemu on October 23, 2016 at 8:19 am

The original name of the theater, Lowy’s, after Arthur Lowy, who opened the theater in 1914, is often misspelled Lowey’s in the Chicago Tribune’s movie listings and other motion picture periodicals of the era.

Khnemu
Khnemu on October 23, 2016 at 8:07 am

From the Moving Picture World of October 4, 1924: “William Hersberg is remodeling his Lowy Theatre at 740 Milwaukee avenue and will rename it the Cameo and will open with exclusive picture programs.”