New Merry Widow Theatre
1739 Chouteau Avenue,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Another single floor theatre operated by the Komm Theaters chain, seated 711, It opened March 21, 1942 as the Merry Widow Theatre
The Merry Widow Theatre had a nice lobby with terazzo floors and a small concession stand in the southeast corner of the lobby. Three aisles into the auditorium one along each wall and one down the middle. Two small chandeliers in the auditorium. Draped walls lined the auditorium and covered the screen.
The Merry Widow Theatre was not one of the busiest theatres for the Komm Circuit as it was right on the outskirts of downtown and a lot of industrial was around the theatre. It had to rely on the housing developemnts just to the south of the theatre.
The Merry Widow Theatre closed as a movie theatre May 13, 1956 and a year later became a auto repair shop.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater